We’ve done the soul searching, discovered some truth about who we are at the core, who we want to be, during Sagittarius last lunar month. Now, in Capricorn, we do something about it – we start to plan.
We are into an energy that is very earthy and materialistic. It’s time to get grounded, thread our way through the distractions of what is going on in the world and bring our focus to our own lives. Where are we and where are we going? And, how do we want to get there?
Capricorn is the tenth sign of the zodiac – the number 1 empowered by a zero. It is a time of new beginnings, of individuation – the attention on you. It is a time of planning, goal setting and understanding how you want to transform your life over the next twelve months.
And so, I have some questions for you:
- What have you learned about yourself over the past year?
- Are you satisfied with your path, your growth?
- Are you ready to grow more, and if so, how?
The first three months of this year are for planning, getting ready for the Spring Equinox, when we plant the seeds and begin to create physically. This month focuses on the physical/material realm. When you feel safe in home and hearth, are secure financially and remember to breathe, everything else is easier.
This month we’re exploring ambition, accomplishments, being recognized in our field and taking care of the future (it’s RRSP season, of course).
And so, some more soul searching:
- How ambitious are you? How much fame and fortune do you really want?
- Is there something you wish to accomplish this year? How does it fit into your life?
- Are you looking to the future, taking care of the future? Financially are you putting money aside? Physically are you taking care of your body so it will last as long as you need/want it to? Socially are you surrounding yourself with people who care for and support you?
- Are you focused on your life or are you constantly distracted by events you can do nothing about?
Not everyone wants to be a millionaire. Someone told me that the optimum income to generate happiness is $70,000. It’s enough to pay the bills, have vacations and not have to worry about what to do with all that money. So, be truthful when you decide how much you want to make, and tally in the consequences of how you have to be in order to make millions.
There are few things in this world we can control, but we can control what we focus on. So much is happening in the world right now and so little of it is pleasant. Distractions are rampant, keeping us off of our path, fearful, sad and easier to control, or just not doing what we need to do. Spending hours on Facebook, playing candy crush on the cellphone or what we call “shiny things”, keep us from accomplishing what we want to. When we focus on what we are creating that is good and hopeful, we add a bit of light. This is the time of year when light increases. We add to that light by knowing ourselves, our truth and living it. So, send blessings to those in need and plan your beautiful future.