Leo is a fire sign, a sun sign. It is represented by the Lion – regal, courageous, creative and a leader. But Leo is also about fun.
This is holiday time, time for fun and games, a splash in the pool, a picnic, a time to relax. This is a time to enjoy other people, but also a time to relax and recharge on our own. September, and what feels like the beginning of a new year, will be here soon.
Recharging, to me, is an art. This is an excellent time to consider how you recharge, how you would like to recharge, and what works best for you realistically.
For example, I know I recharge most completely on a beach by the ocean with someone else to cook, clean and look after the details, for a solid two weeks. I know that is not going to happen every time I would like it to, or nearly often enough.
So, how can you fit in a mini recharge?
The first step is to find a few things that work for you. Variety is the spice of life, even in revitalization. So here are some examples of what I use.
The first one may surprise you, may not feel like recharging, but for me, it works.
- Finish something that is hanging over you. Nothing drains my energy so completely as the weight of something I need to do and haven’t. Once I do that, there is a lot of energy freed up that can be used elsewhere – like in having a good time.
- I like to go for a walk in the evening – nothing vigorous or purposeful, just a meandering in the night air that leads to a more restful sleep.
- There is nothing like a good cup of tea, and if it’s in a nice little café that’s not too noisy or crowded, all the better. I may read, make my organizing lists, people watch or just stare into space for a while. It’s an interlude out of my regular routine, and quite refreshing.
- Time in nature is essential to me. When I don’t get close to water or trees for a period of time something inside me shrivels up. When I’m near water I can feel what needs to go being seduced out of me. I feel lighter and more grounded, connected to myself. When I’m out with the trees, there is often one that calls me, inviting me to come close and share. Touching the tree, with permission, allowing it to share its energy is for me, revitalizing. Standing under the branches of a tree with leaves, I can sometimes feel a shower of energy, something like Reiki, particularly if I ask for the help.
- Exercise. For some, losing yourself in a yoga class, a trip to the gym, jogging through the park re-energizes. Swimming works for me, as does getting on my stepper.
These are all really good ways to take a mini vacation to recharge. They may work for you, they may not. Try them on to see. Find your own ways to recharge. This is a great time to experiment. Let me know what you come up with. I’m always open to new ideas.